Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (November 2000, week 2)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Mon, 13 Nov 2000 09:39:11 -0500
From:         "Horace K. Sawyer" <firestream@MINDSPRING.COM>
Subject:      Re: American Automibiles --turns to tow truck RAPE
Comments: To: CTONLINE@WEBTV.NET

>Poor Terry breaks down and apparently had to be towed (make that raped) . . . >"What a beautiful thing. >$275.00 later I'm home. >What a bargain." _____________

I broke down in an alternate type vehicle of foreign manufacture 3 weeks ago. Had to be rollbacked at "$2.00 per loaded mile." Then, they hit me with a "hook up fee." He didn't say anything about it until the car is loaded. $30. We arrive, 211 miles later.

<stepping out of the truck, I am happy to be at my customary auto shop>

"Oh by the way, monsignor, there's an "unloading fee." <I gasp>

Me: "What if I don't want to pay that?"

<I look up at the car chained safely atop the rollback>

Him: "We just unhook the chains and drive, and your car unloads itself."

Me: <blank stare>

<thinking about the g-forces of the impact when my wife's car hits the pavement from 5 feet>

Me: "I guess now's not the time to quibble about price, my man. <fake laugh> By all means, YOU unload." <nervous gulp>

Him: "Sure buddy, anything you say."