Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (November 2000, week 2)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Mon, 13 Nov 2000 15:41:15 -0800
From:         Bill Davidson <wdavidson@THEGRID.NET>
Subject:      Re: AUX battery standard in Westy??
Comments: To: Jenny Loerzel <jensmiles2@HOTMAIL.COM>

> I have got another question for you all. I went to check my aux. battery > for my '87 Westy under the driver seat and ...... there wasn't one there. > Please keep in mind that I only recently purchased this fine vehicle and the > PO said it came with two batteries. Besides being under the driver seat, > anyone have any ideas where else it could be?

It is my understanding that the late model full camper Vanagon did not come stock with an auxiliary battery... apparently the 'Weekenders' did. So... most likely your Westy never came with an auxiliary battery.... when it was included it was found under the driver's seat.... there have been some reports on the list of after market auxilary batteries being added under the rear bench seat.

> How can I be sure I am running everything off of the main battery?

to be absolutely sure... disconect the main battery and see if anything still works.

> When getting a new main battery and aux, what should I look for?

This is a research project... there is no one answer for all needs... look in the archives... as I remember the last big auxilary battery thread was the middle of last June.... also somewhere from January to March of 1999

Bill