Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (November 2000, week 2)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Mon, 13 Nov 2000 18:56:10 -0500
From:         "James A. Creech" <jacreech@VISUALLINK.COM>
Subject:      fuel system questions

Thanks to Joel Walker, Terry Kay, Bill Davidson, Matthew Pollard, Jay Snyder (pardon if I'm missing someone) for great help on my cold start problem. I'm underway with your advice and making some progress.

If you or any other listmembers have some insight and time to respond a bit further, I'd greatly appreciate your kindness for that as well:

(1) I cannot discern any vibration or hum in my idle stabilizer valve, but don't know whether to attribute that to a bad valve or too much rock & roll guitar in past years, or too much engine sound. How noticeable would this be the vibes and hum in a healthy valve, not my deafness and loss of touch)?

(2) I assume replacement of the temp 2 sensor at the thermostat housing requires a complete coolant system drain. Any shortcuts here (like quickly & temporarily stopping up the sensor hole with something during the switch to new sensor?)

(3) On the throttle valve unit, there's a smaller arm and spring on top of the rotating arm attached to the accelerator cable. What does it do? Mine is sticky, doesn't rotate easily - basically stays wherever I put it by hand, even with throttle movement (acceleration). How is it supposed to operate, and be adjusted? Bentley has an adj. shown on 24.59 but I can't decipher it.

Thanks again, Jim Creech 87 Westy GL 2.1