Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (November 2000, week 2)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Tue, 14 Nov 2000 06:43:26 -0600
From:         Darrell Boehler <midwesty@MIDWEST.NET>
Subject:      Re: Digifant performance stuff.

Hi Gary, If your o2 sensor voltage is running 0.0 volts at full throttle I feel you could have a problem with fuel delivery. I would check the fuel pressure or just change the fuel filter. You should run 30 psi normally and 36 under full load conditions. Your and Marks statements that the injectors are open nearly all the time at high rpm is true but there seems to be enough duration for a proper mixture. My O2 sensor voltage runs around 0.75 volts at full throttle, even when wound up tight. The digifant system will go out of closed loop when at full throttle or the full throttle switch is transferred. Listee Kay Fremgen from Orlando, who is turing South America at the present (hope he and Valeria voted) has a push button on his parking brake cover that is in parrallel with the full throttle switch. He can force open loop with the push of a button. I have on accident (forgot I had listee Bill Dummitt's ecu with an oz chip) pulled my van up to near 6 k rpm. Never noticed it gasping for fuel or air. Luckily the rods are still attached to the crank. Darrell ----- Original Message ----- From: Gary Stearns To: vanagon@GERRY.VANAGON.COM Sent: Monday, November 13, 2000 7:18 PM Subject: Digifant performance stuff.

, I saw that on a high speed uphill with foot on the floor the voltmeter dropped to 0.00; mixture drastically leaning out. Got home still pondering this, checked e-mail and found that Mark had written me about his finding that at wide open throttle (WOT) the standard fuel pressure regulator can't keep up with what the engine needs

Gary

[text/html]