Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (November 2000, week 2)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Tue, 14 Nov 2000 16:24:20 -0500
From:         Barry Mercer <bmercer@VIANET.ON.CA>
Subject:      Weird no start

Hi all... Was driving Moo home from work yesyerday PM... while we were seeing the very first snow flakes of winter snow. That was my cue to park the westy for the winter. So, on the way home I filled up and just for a treat I decided to take Moo through the car wash before I parked her. She was and has run like a champ all season long. Absolutely no problems.

I drove home, turned off the motor and decided that I'd better just pull her into the garage. I turned the key.

Nothing.

I've just done a quick check and I can see where any pieces have fallen off nor are any wires dangling.

Any suggestions what I should look for?

The battery was charged overnight and seems to be okay although I cant test it under load. < but could it have died that fast > I haven't tried to boost the westy from another vechicle yet.

The lights in the camper now look like they are suffering from a serious lack of power. They have an erie glowas if there is something pulling all the juice from the battery.

Any help would be appreciated.

Barry

Moo 88 Westy 163k Km plus Jet 99 A4 Jetta TDI 30k +

Sudbury Ontario