Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (November 2000, week 2)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Thu, 9 Nov 2000 07:44:01 -0800
From:         Dana Morphew <kadm@PUGETSOUND.NET>
Subject:      Re: Why has the list been so quiet lately?
Comments: To: "Horace K. Sawyer" <firestream@MINDSPRING.COM>

I'm there too, but we are, without doubt, the minority, against the tide, current, wind ... what haven't ya. Those TDIs are selling (almost complete) for $3200 now. Can we sub. a 1.6 turbo pump and 1.6 turbo injectors, thereby avoid the electrics (poor man's version), and have it work?

-Dana-

"Horace K. Sawyer" wrote: > > How 'bout a Joker TD thread? > > Imagine it: full throttle accelerations with thick pungent clouds of black > oil-laden smoke rolling out of a stainless steel STEBRO exhaust, sucking in > air like there's no tomorrow through a K&N, turbo boost modified to 20 psi > and that baby whirring like a tornado!!! > > Roll it, baby!! Roll it! > > Diesels rule. It's just a crying shame we couldn't get a decent engine > here in the dadgum states. Imagine a 6 cylinder TDI in a vanagon. Talk > about rolling . . . torque galore, and sipping fuel like a miser. Heck, > even the 4 cyl TDI would probably be perfectly fine! (This perspective is > coming from the owner of a an 82 diesel Westy in eons past, and I have > never been impressed with the driveability of any waterboxer as a monument > to efficiency and power). The friggin oil companies DON'T WANT us to burn > less. Burn it all, baby, burn it 'til there ain't no more! Why not > distill it all to high grade premium unleaded? Let's maximize > profit. Why not shake hands with the automakers and the lawmakers, make > secret deals to keep the V12's and the big iron coming to the good old US > of A. Keep out the cars that make sense. The rest of the world is becoming > convinced we are idiots. > > I better end this rant. : ) > > Have a good day > HK > > "The opinions expressed herein are not opinions: they are FACT." > At least, through my eyes. > > At 01:58 PM 11/9/00 +0100, Robin Oomkes wrote: > >Maybe we can start a tyre/heater/aux battery thread? > > > >Robin > >90 Vanagon Atlantic Westfalia TD (with tyres, heater, aux battery) > >Netherlands > > > >Brian Jones wrote: > > > > > maybe nobody has any problems with their vanagons! no water leaks, > > mysterious > > > no starts, bucking ,surging or any of the other problems. we have discussed > > > and fixed everything, and now that they are all running good we have > > nothing > > > to talk about! :-) Brian