Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (November 2000, week 3)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Thu, 16 Nov 2000 14:35:16 -0500
From:         Paul Borghese <paul98@PRODIGY.NET>
Subject:      Re: Spam! (was: INCREDIBLE money making opportunity)

Solution: Only allow messages on the list that were explicitly directed to the list. So for example, you block any message who's to: or cc: field does not contain vanagon@gerry.vanagon.com.

I run a mailing list for fokes studying for Cisco Certifications which is much larger then vanagon list (but no where near as fun :-). About a year ago, the list was flooded with spam. My solution was to filter all messages that were not directed to the list explicitly (i.e. no BCC:). This filters almost all spam from the list.

Take care,

Paul Borghese ----- Original Message ----- From: "Jim Arnott" <jrasite@EONI.COM> Newsgroups: groupstudy.vanagon Sent: Thursday, November 16, 2000 12:26 PM Subject: Re: Spam! (was: INCREDIBLE money making opportunity)