Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (November 2000, week 3)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Wed, 15 Nov 2000 07:33:26 -0500
From:         Derek Drew <derekdrew@RCN.COM>
Subject:      Re: half-lilley becomes quarter lilley
Comments: To: Mick Kalber <hotlava@INTERPAC.NET>

If you installed the ratio rockers but have not yet installed the ECU there are strong reasons why you might want to park your van for awhile until you can get the right ECU.

If you check the archives carefully, you will see that the stock ECU shouldn't be used with the ratio rockers.

If you want to research this more fully, search the archives on the term "ratio rockers." There is an explanation in there, although I cannot recall it sufficiently to replicate it here.

At 05:29 PM 11/14/00 -1000, you wrote: >Well, I'm seriously bummed. In spite of my mechanics insistence (without >checking) that we had an 022D Digifant ECU in my 89 Syncro Westy, it ends up >that we don't. Why I didn't just lift up the seat and look myself is beyond >me. Anyway, obviously we now can't install the upgraded chip. Did the >Pauter 1.5 rolling rockers, cromoly push rods, k & n air filter, and quad >tip plugs... but to complete the upgrade, the chip was the ticket. > >I think I already know the answer, but what is the reality of getting a new >022D ECU? Or is there any future in getting a used one... or is that asking >for trouble? Expensive I suppose, eh? > >I was looking forward to seeing a marked improvement in power and MPG. Oh, >well, we'll see what happens with just the changes we made... and chalk the >mistake up to experience. As my friend used to say, "Experience is what you >get when you don't get what you want." Shit... > >Mick Kalber >89 Syncro Westy "Daddeo" >Tropical Visions Video, Inc. >62 Halaulani Place Hilo, Hawaii 96720 >ph. 808-935-5557 fax 808-935-0066 >hotlava@interpac.net >www.volcanoscapes.com

_______________________________________________ Derek Drew New York, NY CEO & Co-Founder http://www.ConsumerSearch.com/ 80 South Street, 2nd Floor New York, NY 10038 derekdrew@rcn.com 212-580-6486

Alternate numbers for the industrious phone caller that wants to try every avenue: 917-848-6425 (cell); 202-966-7907 (Work), 212-580-4459 (Home), 202-966-0938 (Home), 978-359-8533 (fax [efax]), 212-269-3428 (Seaport office), 212-269-3543 (Seaport main number).