Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (November 2000, week 3)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Sat, 18 Nov 2000 17:00:45 GMT
From:         Mark McCulley <transporter99@HOTMAIL.COM>
Subject:      Re: purpose of throttle valve adj.
Comments: To: jacreech@VISUALLINK.COM

James,

The throttle body on my '87 has worn to the extent that the butterfly plate does not always return to the exact same position. Thus if I set the gap for the throttle position switch to factory specs it often won't close when the throttle is closed. I had to open the gap up a bit above the specified value to get the switch to close 100% of the time. The van runs fine like this--you shouldn't have any problems if you open the TPS gap several thousandths above the spec value.

Mark McCulley 87 syncro Westfalia Seattle WA