Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (November 2000, week 3)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Wed, 15 Nov 2000 11:37:42 -0800
From:         pensioner <al_knoll@PACBELL.NET>
Subject:      Re: Silver Socket, BMW Motorcycles, John Deere Mod 50

Hi volks,

The socket in question is a 12V accessory socket. The plugs can be purchased from your local BMW motorcycle dealer or by mail order from California BMW in Mountain View CA. I don't have the BMW p/n but here's a note from Jeff Dean:

Date: Tue, 5 Sep 1995 14:59:10 -0600 (CST) From: "Jeff Dean" <jmdean@facstaff.wisc.edu> Subject: BMW: elec. plugs Thanks to all of you who responded to me request for info. regarding obtaining BMW electrical plugs and sockets from John Deere. The parts numbers were given to me immediately:

For the "50" series John Deere farm tractor:

Accessory Plug -- RE11344 Accessory Socket -- AL25073 I checked locally at a John Deere implement company and found plugs for $6.59 and sockets for $3.40--both in stock. I go out tonight to see if they are a match for BMWs' items. I suppose they'll be green!

This setup is commonly used to wire a dc source for heated vests/gloves for motofolk.

A link to local bmw moto dealers is http://www.ibmwr.org/dealers.shtml

al

1981 R100RS, 1985 K100RS, 89 Syncro Westie, no John Deere.