Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (November 2000, week 3)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Sun, 19 Nov 2000 08:10:15 -0600
From:         Darrell Boehler <midwesty@MIDWEST.NET>
Subject:      Re: Another heating/cooling question
Comments: To: Richard Golen <rgolen@UMASSD.EDU>

Hi Ric, I have noticed through much driving with a coolant pressure gauge attach to the system at the radiator bleed plug that the coolant pump increases pressure by 4 psi at 4k rpm. Or it has 4 more psi of pressure at 4k than a 1k rpm. This is on a van that seems to handle winter and summer well. This tells me the coolant pump puts 4 psi pressure on the system until the thermostat opens. While cruising down an interstate I can watch the thermostat open and close as the coolant pressure drops a bit while it opens. So if you test the pressure at the front air bleed plug you should be able to discern if the pump and thermostat are proper. Darrell

----- Original Message ----- From: "Richard Golen" <rgolen@UMASSD.EDU> To: <vanagon@GERRY.VANAGON.COM> Sent: Sunday, November 19, 2000 6:20 AM Subject: Another heating/cooling question