Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (November 2000, week 3)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Wed, 15 Nov 2000 15:31:47 -0800
From:         Zoltan <zol@FOXINTERNET.NET>
Subject:      Re: Lethargic starter
Comments: To: Steven Johnson <sjohnso2000@YAHOO.COM>

Steve, I had similar problems before and cleaning the metallic parts on the ground on both sides did fix it. I had a lot of guesses too. When done with the cleaning, do spray undercoating on it. Make sure the parts are fitting flat on each other. Deep scratches will not make good meetings. File flat or grind. Use good sand paper too. Once even at an auto electrical shop they could not find it. You could imagine how hard it was if I had to see a shop to help. ( So far one out of ten when I could use their help) Once you know that your large surface connections on the body are immaculate and treated for future safety, you can move to easier and more costlier fault finding. But keep in mind the cold can make your oil so tough that it will not let it turn well. I had that once and had to make a little fire under the car with some coal for a half our. Of course I changed the oil later. Good luck. Zoltan ----- Original Message ----- From: "Steven Johnson" <sjohnso2000@YAHOO.COM> To: <vanagon@GERRY.VANAGON.COM> Sent: Wednesday, November 15, 2000 12:23 PM Subject: Lethargic starter