Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (November 2000, week 3)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Tue, 21 Nov 2000 01:07:44 -0500
From:         Steve Shane <shane_steve@HOTMAIL.COM>
Subject:      Pack the VW! Quit your job! and GO!
Comments: cc: psavage@SABER.NET

Pack the VW! Quit your job! and GO!

Ever have one of those days where you just wanted to say: "Screw it all!" and drive off into the sunset in your VW? Ever wonder what might happen to you if you actually did it? For those who have, you understand. For those that have yet to... read on!

9 Months ago my best friend Stephanie and I (some may know me as "Steve in Columbus") did just that. We sold the car, the bikes, gave our furniture to our friends, packed up our Westy and fed the Rat Race to the cats. Since then we have seen much of America, most of Europe and a slice of old Africa. And now we just may be in your neck of the woods.

Beginning Wed morning (11.22.2000) we will start a 3000 mile journey from Georgia to Northern California. Our route will take us on Interstate 20 across the south, Interstate 10 up into California 5, 580 and finally 101 up into the wine country.

Our goal is to meet up with Phaedra up in Philo, CA. And if you happen to be on our route and would be willing to let two 30 something VW travelers stop in for a quick cup of java a friendly smile and a hot shower, we would be more than grateful.

In return we can entertain you with stories of our travels over the last few years, and to top it all off both Stephanie and I do great impersonations of people who have been living out of a backpack for 9 months.

I understand the Holiday season is approaching, and if you don't have space for us in person, you can at least live vicariously through us by keeping up with us on our travel web site... http://WhereAreThey.homepage.com

But if your welcome mat is always open and you are close to one of the towns below, please let me know via eMail or let Phaedra know and we can check up with her along the way. We would be most humbly grateful!

Thanks for your time my friends. Steve and Stephanie

mailto:s.shane@pobox.com (ME!) mailto:psavage@SABER.NET (Phaedra)

Towns on our route:

Jackson. Miss Monroe and Shrevenport, La Dallas, Ft. Worth and Abilene, Tx El Paso, Tucson, Phoenix Riverside, L.A., Oakland, San Fran and Santa Rosa

PS: Please let me know soon. After Wed AM my computer will be in a box. - PEACE!

_____________________________________________________________________________________ Get more from the Web. FREE MSN Explorer download : http://explorer.msn.com