Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (November 2000, week 3)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Sat, 18 Nov 2000 23:23:13 -0500
From:         Martin Jagersand <jager@CS.JHU.EDU>
Subject:      Free Vanagon and Diesel parts.

Dear all,

When I moved to Edmonton I couldn't bring everything. My housemate Darius is now also moving and the new people may not be as tolerant about having VW parts laying around.

The stuff has already been picked through, but what's left is about 4 cuFt of misc VW Diesel and Vanagon parts. From what I know (and remember) there is stuff like: Water pump 40mm Water pump housing Vanagon Diesel big diam filler neck (to fit truck size filler nozzles) one or two vaccum pumps, vane type. vngn D oil pump Various Diesel engine brackets, pulleys and other takeoff stuff.

Note: None of the rare stuff (ie cast alt bracker, vngn D motor mounts, bellhousings etc) remains.

Darius will put the stuff out by the mailbox today (Sat). To get it drive to 4210 Clarkdale Rd, Baltimore, MD.

Directions: Exit I83 onto Coldspring Ln west. Drive up the hill, turn left at 2nd traffic light onto Greenspring Continue uphill. Just before the crest turn left into the forest on Derby ave Go down a curvy road .5mi. At the end is a paved clearing The parts will be in a movers box by the black mailbox in the southeast corner of the clearing.

While I know from experience that some people get very excited to get free stuff I hope the list can exercise some thought and restraint in handling this. (I've previously been asked to drive 1h "to meet halfway" to deliver a free part, or figure out how to mail 10ft long free coolant pipes when the posting indicated pick up only.) Remember: I'm 3000 miles away and my friend has nothing to do with the parts.

So I suggest that the first person who really needs the parts, posts to the list that he will take them, and then *really* picks them up.

Happy VW-ing, Martin -- Westy 1.9l Turbo Diesel

Martin Jagersand Computer Science Department University of Alberta, Edmonton, CANADA

Slow down and visit the VW diesel Westy page: WWW: http://www.cs.rochester.edu/u/jag/vw -------------------------------------------------------------------