Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (November 2000, week 4)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Thu, 23 Nov 2000 07:59:50 -0800
From:         Steven Johnson <sjohnso2000@YAHOO.COM>
Subject:      A few more questions...

Patient: '86 vanagon

Okay, I've searched high and low into the archives and have found nothing to help me find out what the engine oil capacity is for my '86 (built in 11/85) vanagon. It did not come with a manual to refer to for anything. I'd also like to know what weight to use in the winter in the New England area. I intend to fill it with the a cheaper brand and run it a few miles then drain it and refill it with the good stuff for winter.

I'm also having trouble locating a nice beefy ground strap for the transmission to chassis connection. The one that's on there now is questionable. I went to several FLAPs and have had no luck locating a short 2 or 1 gauge cable with the two flat ends on them. So where do you folks get yours?

Thanks again and have a happy T.G.!!!

Steven '86 vanagon in New Hampshire