Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (December 2000, week 1)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Fri, 1 Dec 2000 21:13:13 -0800
From:         Beth & Jere Hawn <jbrschawn@EARTHLINK.NET>
Subject:      Re: I'm driving from portland, OR -> missoula, MT
Comments: To: "jay m." <jayshark@ARACNET.COM>

Hi Jay,

I've drive it a number of time. Its great. You'll do great. As far as a good mechanic...well there is a good dealer (as far as dealers go in CO) but other than that well ..

Avoid the passes as much as possible. When the snow is axle deep and wet the van doesn't run the greatest but it ran better than anything else on the road That's no joke I have been through a number of really bad weather systems in my 90 GL and have always made it and never had chains, but would recommend them. Snow plows in ID stop running late a night or so it seems and start up again around 4am. Do the ID pass (I90) during the day. Oh by the way Spokane is the only civilization between you and there. Total driving time to MT should be about 15-16 hrs non-stop.

Again you'll do great. Good luck and don't forget gas stations are far and few between.

Jere 90 GL 88 GL

----- Original Message ----- From: "jay m." <jayshark@ARACNET.COM> To: <vanagon@GERRY.VANAGON.COM> Sent: Friday, December 01, 2000 5:02 PM Subject: I'm driving from portland, OR -> missoula, MT