Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (December 2000, week 1)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Wed, 6 Dec 2000 13:15:41 -0500
From:         "Carrington, Tom" <TCarrington@RELITECH.COM>
Subject:      Mid-Atlantic Holiday Bus Fest - Dec 16th!
Comments: cc: "Thomas.Forhan@mail.house.gov" <Thomas.Forhan@mail.house.gov>

Howdy List,

Ever wonder what face that goes with what e-mail address? Do you like parties and free food? Want to see our list-server "Gerry" in person?

In mid-December for the past 5 years, a group of us VW lovers have been meeting at Tom Forhan's house in Takoma Park, MD for what we have called the "Mid-Atlantic Holiday Bus Fest".

Well, Tom F. is a little too busy to open up his house to all VW crazies this year...so we have decided that I would host the party at my house this year. I live about 2 miles from Tom Forhan's place, so the travel time should be no different than before. And Tom has assured me that he will attend!

There are usually a slew of Vanagons, a few bay windows and the occasional splittie that makes the day. VW lovers and their families are encouraged to attend...our kids will be there (ages 7.5, 5.5 and 4)and would love some playmates.

For past parties, have a look at:

http://volksweb.relitech.com/forhan.htm

AND

http://volksweb.relitech.com/karlbloss/fest/

AND some raw pictures at

http://volksweb.relitech.com/larryj/

The party will be Saturday, December 16th from 2:00PM until ??

We will provide drinks (soda, beer, whatever), sandwiches and some lite fare for us to munch on. Feel free to bring anything additional that you would like to share. I'm hoping that Steve Dolan will bring his chili again this year.

I have a diveway almost as long (and flatter) as Tom Forhan's, so if anybody needs to "driveway camp" the night before or after..welcome! Street parking shold be no problem, either.

Address of the party:

Tom Carrington 10400 Eastwood Ave Silver Spring, MD 20901 Home phone (301) 681-0249

Directions to the party:

From Northern Virginia and points South

Take I-66 or I-95 to I-495 (Washington beltway). Head North/West towards any of the following (Not sure what the sign says): Bethesda, Frederick, Rockville, Silver Spring About 2 miles after you cross the American Legion bridge into MD, the Interstate will split. Take the right-hand side of the fork, which keeps you on I-495. Continue around the beltway until you see the exit for RT 29 North - Columbia. (It will be the second of 2 ramps for that exit) Once on RT 29 North, proceed straight through the set of double-traffic lights. Turn left at the next traffic light - Southwood Ave (.5 miles max) Make an immediate right on Eastwood Ave, and start up the hill. We are at almost the very top of the hill, on the left at 10400 Eastwood Ave. It's a red brick house kinda set back from the street a little. There is also parking behind our house on Woodridge Ave - look for the other busses!

From Baltimore and points North

Take I-95 south towards I-495 (Washington beltway). When I-95 south splits just before I-495, stay to the right hand side...Head South/West towards any of the following (Not sure what the sign says): Bethesda, Frederick, Rockville, Silver Spring. Head around the beltway to your 2nd exit which will be for University Blvd (RT 193).Take the first ramp of the exit. Once up on University Blvd, turn right at your 3rd traffic light..it will be RT 29 - Colesville Road. One on Rt 29 North, Turn left at the next traffic light - Southwood Ave (.5 miles max) Make an immediate right on Eastwood Ave, and start up the hill. We are at almost the very top of the hill, on the left at 10400 Eastwood Ave. It's a red brick house kinda set back from the street a little. There is also parking behind our house on Woodridge Ave - look for the other busses!

If you need more specific directions, please feel free to call or e-mail me!

I'm also forwarding this to the Type2 and VintageBus lists.

Thanks, TomC tcarrington@relitech.com http://volksweb.relitech.com