Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (December 2000, week 2)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Fri, 8 Dec 2000 08:58:26 -0500
From:         Gary Stearns <gstearns@SPRINTMAIL.COM>
Subject:      Re: shifting problem

My experience with our '88 is that alot of shifting woes can be eliminated by cleaning and lubricating the linkage from front to rear. Seems alot of shifting effort can be lost in just moving a stiff linkage; to the point of feeling like a completed shift that's not. The biggest difference for us came with cleaning and lubing the "cup and ball" on the side of the transmission. This made such a difference that I do it twice a year now. Recently I even put a little redline synthetic tranny lube in the cup to keep the grease nice and loose in the cold weather. It's not hard to clean up the linkage. Try it.

Gary ----- Original Message ----- From: Little Bear <naiu@MEDIAONE.NET> To: <vanagon@GERRY.VANAGON.COM> Sent: Thursday, December 07, 2000 4:59 PM Subject: shifting problem