Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (December 2000, week 2)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Sun, 10 Dec 2000 15:44:15 -0600
From:         Dave Baker <djbaker@SPRYNET.COM>
Subject:      Re: Headlights not working (?)
Comments: To: Anthony Kimmons <akimmons@HOUSTON.RR.COM>

When I took delivery of my 85 Westy in June, my wife followed me home in our 94 Geo Tracker. Shortly after we started the trip, she began signalling frantically to me that I had no brake lights. She stayed behind me all the way home, and when we arrived, I inspected the bulbs and wiring, finding a corroded plug and socket on the left rear light assembly. After cleaning it, the brake lights began working just fine. So, you might clean the contacts on the plugs and sockets for starters.

Dave in KC 85 Westy "Wolfgang" http://www.members.fortunecity.com/davebaker1

----- Original Message ----- From: Anthony Kimmons <akimmons@HOUSTON.RR.COM> To: <vanagon@GERRY.VANAGON.COM> Sent: Sunday, December 10, 2000 1:16 PM Subject: Headlights not working (?)