Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (December 2000, week 2)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Mon, 11 Dec 2000 22:37:29 -0500
From:         "Steven L. Goldstein" <dgsggold@GTE.NET>
Subject:      Re: Eurospec egines?
Comments: To: donpre@MICROSOFT.COM

Hi, Eurospec is a company in Gilroy. A subsid of Overland Parts. They made 64 units, before going byby. The vendors that bought the engines, had to buy two units at about $4,100. each. They were to sell the units for $4,995.00 + labor. There was from the start, no customer support. The one person who held it all together, bolted! Why, I don't know. But when he left, he took all the parts and memory with him. I think his name was Dave. They were very carefull to remove serial #'s from the ECU's, so there was no tracing parts. Anyway, I lost about four months and had to finally have the Eurospec GTI engine removed by the installer. I didn't have to pay for the engine, just a gigantic waste of time and money. We finally had a Subaru Legacy 2.2 engine(135hp) installed in our '90 Wolfsburg Carat Kennedy Engineering Kit. The installer is an Electrical Engineer by trade who is into perfection. He lives in Torrance, CA. If anybody tries to sell you on a Eurospec transplant,don't do it!!! Thanks for listening, Steve Goldstein