Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (December 2000, week 2)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Tue, 12 Dec 2000 11:41:18 -0600
From:         Paradigm Graphic Design <paradigm@MC.NET>
Subject:      A true story...really

Hi gang,

Yea, remember I had someone break in my van and steel my radio and speakers with a crow bar. Well I got my body fixed and painted. They did a good job. Got my new stereo put in (has the motorized angled face so it angles up to me at about 45 degrees), works very well. So here I am back in business right...

Well, I was at a friends house Friday night. About to leave, so I went out to warm it up (Illinois winter) about 1:30 am. Went back in, finished my pizza and about ten minutes later I said good bye and left. I head outside and turn to face the parking lot and the van is GONE! I take off running toward the lot and made it around the corner of the house and took a gander and there is my van - down the hill and ACROSS THE STREET sitting in someones front yard. I ran down in disbelief (mumbling things I can't type here) and noticed the van HIT the house and TOTALLY DESTROYED this guys front porch. I mean it ripped down two 8 inch beams holding the roof up and pushed the half walls in on each side as if it were a gate. It looked like a bomb went off.

So I finally got to checking out the damage on the van. Get this. The only thing I noticed was the anntena was bent a little. Yea. And my license plate was sitting under the picture window about 6' away. Picked it up and threw it in back. I looked harder and notice a very small dimple right on the corner of the nose by the anntenea. Can barely see it. That was it.

Luckily nobody was home. Called the cops, he was cool and very impressed at the good shape the Vanagon was in. Made out a report and went home. The parking brake must have froze up on me or something because it was on when I got in the van. Go figure.

Hey, anybody wanna go party. I'll drive!

Lee

-- Lee Roesner Paradigm Graphic Design & Web Development 710-B Landwehr Road Northbrook, IL 60062

Phone 847-509-8704 Fax 847-480-5701 Portfolio: http://www.roesner.net/vw Email: mailto:paradigm@mc.net