Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (December 2000, week 2)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Thu, 14 Dec 2000 17:16:48 EST
From:         JordanVw@AOL.COM
Subject:      Re: Audi 200T wheels...on vanagon...pics..and correction.
Comments: To: andrew.grebneff@stonebow.otago.ac.nz

In a message dated 12/14/00 1:51:35 AM Eastern Standard Time, andrew.grebneff@STONEBOW.OTAGO.AC.NZ writes:

> I am told these are very rare, as these cars normally have 14" wheels. i > don't know if they are factory or aftermarket (if the latter, who knows > what offset they are). > > If factory, WILL THEY FIT the Vanagon? The stud pattern is the same, > studholes the same size, centers need machining out a bit? Offset correct, > or do they need spacing? I cannot access the archives. > > If aftermarket, what markings do I need to look for on them? > > >

all 5 lug audi wheels are 5x112 bolt pattern, the same as the vanagon. to mount them you need to machine out the center hub hole to 2.5 ID and use the audi lug bolts up front, and porsche 911 studs in the rear, with your stock nuts.you also need to run a thin spacer up front. for syncro's, you dont have to do any of that, they bolt right on. chris for pics of audi 5000/200 turbo wheels on vanagons- check out :

http://www.enter.net/~bloss/vw/turner/

and scroll down.

i've done it before, and it works great. there are more tire choices with 15" wheels. and Helmut - the Ronals (mulitispoked ones on the Doublecab pic you posted) are forged, and are as strong as hell.. they DONT bend.. theyre stronger than the carat wheels. those ronal wheels are the same ones as used on the Ur-Quattro (turbo quattro coupe rally cars) and they beat the hell out of those cars during the rallys.. chris

[text/html]