Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (December 2000, week 3)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Tue, 19 Dec 2000 06:46:58 -0800
From:         Zoltan <zol@FOXINTERNET.NET>
Subject:      Re; Very dented muffler from Bus Depot
Comments: To: Paul Borghese <paul98@PRODIGY.NET>

Listen, For fairness sake, and you should know this, first deal with the source of the problem, in this case Bus Depot. And if they do refuse repeatedly to fix the fault, than you go to Daddy. We do not like to see a vendor being trashed for a fault they would fix anyway. That would be unfair. So, for fairness sake, talk to them first and only after come to us when you tried all you could. Like a man. Zoltan ----- Original Message ----- From: Paul Borghese To: vanagon@GERRY.VANAGON.COM Sent: Monday, December 18, 2000 9:32 PM Subject: Very dented muffler from Bus Depot

I just received my brand-new muffler from Bus Depot. I opened the packaging which is the typical Bus Depot packaging (looks like they went rummaging through someone's garbage to find a box) only to find my muffler at the very bottom of the box, unprotected. The muffler now has a series of very large dents. So what do you guys think? Should I send it back?

[Rant mode on] I love bus depot but why the hell can't they just purchase new boxes? Every time I order something it arrives in a beat-up old box with wrapped newspaper instead of proper filler! You can purchase a new box at a manufacturer for under 75 cents! ( I know because the last time I moved I purchased all new boxes). I would gladly pay 75 cents to have my $140 order shipped correct.

[Rant mode off]

Will the dents effect performance? There is also a slight rattle in the muffler as if a small rock is lodged in it.

Thanks,

Paul

P.S. Don't get me wrong, I love Bus Depot and have ordered over $2000 in stuff from them over the years. I am just a little miffed about waiting two weeks only to find that my van might be down much longer.

[text/html]