Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (December 2000, week 3)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Tue, 19 Dec 2000 12:22:09 -0500
From:         Paul Borghese <pborghese@GROUPSTUDY.COM>
Subject:      Re: Very dented muffler AND Recycled Packing
Comments: To: The Bus Depot <busdepot@EMAIL.COM>

Guys, let's skip the recycling discussion for a second and go back to my original problem. I have a muffler that looks, in my opinion, very dented. The problem I have is that I need to get this van up and running by Friday so I can take it with me on Christmas Holidays. My posting was not to rant about using recycling materials -vs- new but if I should return the muffler or use it?

So what do you guys think? Should I use the muffler or not?

Please also, before I receive another message suggesting that I am destroying the world, please put my message in context. I need to get my van up and running for the Christmas holiday. So three weeks before I needed it, I ordered a muffler. It ends up taking much longer to receive then anticipated. When I do receive it, arrives damaged. So now I am mad because I might need to cancel my plans (or at least re-arrange them). From my prospective, this would not have occurred if it was shipped properly. I have no problem with using recycled materials, as long as they protect the item being shipped.

Also, please do not take this as a giant attack on Bus Depot. As I said in my original message, I love Bus Depot and have happily spent 1000's of dollars with them. But I do need to get my van up and running.

So, please if you thought my posting was an attack on the environment, or an attack on Bus Depot, please accept apologies. I just need to get my van up and running and was looking for some advice.

Thanks,

Paul

----- Original Message ----- From: "The Bus Depot" <busdepot@EMAIL.COM> To: <vanagon@GERRY.VANAGON.COM> Sent: Tuesday, December 19, 2000 9:21 AM Subject: Re: Very dented muffler AND Recycled Packing