Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (December 2000, week 4)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Sat, 23 Dec 2000 10:26:19 -0500
From:         Tim <hanninkt@IX.NETCOM.COM>
Subject:      Re: fuel line replacement
Comments: To: James Creech <jacreech@VISUALLINK.COM>

If I remember correctly, 10 feet replaces everything including the piece between the filter and the pump, and between the pump and the plastic line that runs to the engine compartment. Most import FLAPS will have 7mm fuel line and clamps to fit. to de-pressurize the fuel ring, you can disconnect the electrical connections at the fuel pump and start the van, it won't run long, even if it starts.

I use the fuel line with the braided cover on my VW's. I install some pieces of 1/2" heat shrink tubing over the ends to keep the braid from fraying. I use UV rated cable ties instead of hose clamps, two per connection. They look better and are easier to remove when its time to change lines. I have tried to pull off a hose fastened this way and found that the hose will tear before this connection comes loose. Just my way of doing things, do so at your own risk.

Happy Holidays,

Tim Hannink Winter Park, Florida 1987 Wolfsburg Edition Westfalia Camper - "Goldibox" http://hanninkt.home.netcom.com/

----- Original Message ----- From: "James Creech" <jacreech@VISUALLINK.COM> To: <vanagon@GERRY.VANAGON.COM> Sent: Saturday, December 23, 2000 9:28 AM Subject: fuel line replacement