Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (December 2000, week 5)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Sun, 31 Dec 2000 00:00:00 -0500
From:         David Luddy <bugle@EPIX.NET>
Subject:      wasser prayers worked!

Thank you all! Its exactly 180miles from my Philadelphia abode to my shop in upstate Pa. I knew it was really pushing it. But with a storm coming into Philly and not wanting to drive anything else in snow.. I crossed my fingers and said a prayer for the waterpump. Kids... DON"T try this at home! I monitored the temp gauge all the way and it never went above normal even though the pump really started screaming by the time we got to Mehoopany. With 20 miles left to go... We forged ahead. we made it! NAPA came thru and had the rebuilt pump waiting for me and Saturday I popped it in. Man you should see the old one.... I think if we had to go another mile it would have failed in a spectacular way. I knew it was a risk to drive it... But hey I figured... I refuse to cook the engine, so its tow it the whole way to my shop or extract the last living itsy-bit of life out of the pump. It gave us all it had... Bless its dear little soul! I'm going to toss it into the Susquehanna River. (I think it would be happy there)