Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (December 2000, week 5)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Sun, 31 Dec 2000 12:04:09 -0500
From:         Gary Stearns <gstearns@OPTONLINE.NET>
Subject:      Re: Cleaning K&N filters ??

I've been using K&N filters for years. To clean the filter, use any good household detergent (Mr.Clean, Top Job, etc.) The key is to soak the filter in water that is deep enough to wet the filter, but not deep enough to contaminate the clean side with water from the dirty side. You might have to do this a few times to cut through the old filter oil and release all of the dirt. Re-oil and your off.

Gary ----- Original Message ----- From: "Stebbins" <stebbins@AUCEGYPT.EDU> To: <vanagon@GERRY.VANAGON.COM> Sent: Sunday, December 31, 2000 6:15 AM Subject: Cleaning K&N filters ??