Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (December 2000, week 5)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Sun, 31 Dec 2000 12:40:42 -0500
From:         Sorin Bejenaru <CaliforniaCampers@COMPUSERVE.COM>
Subject:      Subject: !non-vanagon content : poll: would you buy a new beetle?

Message text written by Vanagon Mailing List >Subject: !non-vanagon content : poll: would you buy a new beetle?

i dig the new beetle. and seeing as how i can't import a bus from south africa,i want me a new bug.

some say it's too girly... but i don't care..

am i the only one secure enough in my manhood to go an by a new bug. (turbo variation, of course..)..

-John <

John,

I have two of them. One for me and one for my wife. We both love them.

They handle like a sport car and driving them on a mountain road is a lot

of fun and we don't even have the turbo. The only problems so far after around 20 k miles is that a lot of the plastic interior buttons keep breaking. This appears to be the case with most VWs. Owners of Jettas and Passats complain of the same issues with the interior plastic items. As for the manhood thing that depends I guess on where you live. Here in

California they are cool cars. In Texas they may be viewed as girly.

Sorin