Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (December 2000, week 5)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Sat, 30 Dec 2000 00:23:41 -0500
From:         "Horace K. Sawyer" <firestream@MINDSPRING.COM>
Subject:      Re: Floormats for Diesel Vanagon -- OH YES!
Comments: To: Charles Bennett <bennettc1@EMAIL.MSN.COM>

Yes, of course. The floormats for the Type 82 Diesel are typical of the diesel powerplant vehicles. Anything from the VW diesel line is much superior to comparable items on a gas powered vehicle, without exception. Even the floormats, built to withstand the rigors of 52 horses pulling and straining with the fury of all they can do, are of a quality unmatched in a motor vehicle to date. Fuel proof, flame proof, even light armor proof, and obviously super strong, these mats are a hybrid of woven fiber threads bonded in space service (astronaut) duty rubber compounds. Each contains high pressure tested ribbing, and a surface friction coefficient three times that of the standard wimply gas burner versions. Gas is for pansies anyways. I am a diesel man, always have been, always will be. Diesel flows in my blood, and the smell is like a breath of fresh air to my nostrils. I bought an extra OEM set of mats in case mine ever wore out. Little on the pricey side, but they are guaranteed forever. Seriously, that's what the warranty says on the underside, "4EVER." In fact, these mats are so strong I think they are identical to the ones used in the Apollo missions. VW had the contract to produce those, you may recall. But this set I have is a special order version with a kind of unique inlay of "1982 Bitchin' Diesel" embossed on the ribbing in stainless Aeroquip hose wrap. Its just the coolest thing you've ever seen! They cost me $164.00 each, x 4. I guess I could sell them for my cost since I can rely on the guarantee that I will never ever need another set of mats. You can pay with HEYPAL.

HK Pictures upon request, small charge for transmittals. (Hey, I just can't send out free pics anymore!)

President and founder, $CRAP