Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (January 2001, week 1)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Mon, 1 Jan 2001 12:57:13 -0600
From:         John Rodgers <inua@HIWAAY.NET>
Subject:      Re: Happy New Year!/I blew another coolant hose...
Comments: To: Daniel Schmitz <djs@GENE.COM>

Dan, replacing the hoses & plastics is a good thing to do, given your vehicle is, by year, now 14 years old. It's unreasonable to just keep trying to run our vans with those old hoses.

I mean , 14 year old hoses.....give me a break.

I replaced mine last year when I had my engine change. I had the misfortune of an engine failure at about 90,000 miles or so, and at the time really didn't think about the hoses, but after looking at them during the rebuild, realized "Hey, these things are old, old, and rot is showing. Failure is not far away." So I changed them out. Best move I could have made as it turned out. Got it done with a new engine, so timing for ease of installation couldn't have been better.

Go for it. It will save lot's of grief later.

John Rodgers 88 GL Driver.