Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (January 2001, week 1)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Fri, 5 Jan 2001 16:30:24 -0500
From:         Chris Cybulski <ncbus@MINDSPRING.COM>
Subject:      First meeting of North Carolina Bus Club
Comments: To: type2@type2.com, vintagebus@type2.com
Comments: cc: vanagon@vanagon.com

Rebroadcasting because I left the subject line off and figured it would get ignored :)

This first meeting of the as of yet unnamed North Carolina bus club will take place in Greensboro, NC on Saturday the 13th of January. The meeting will be the icebreaker for the Piedmont Triad Chapter (Greensboro, Winston-Salem High Point etc) The club is open to all and will support all models in the Volkswagen Transporter Range that were produced for 1950 to the present. The mission of the club is a simple one: keep the buses on the road so that we can enjoy them. Monthly dinner meetings, quarterly inter-chapter cookouts, maintenance days, and an annual campout will be among activities offered.

Agenda for 1.13.00

Meet at First Carolina Deli at 1635 Spring Garden Street (Best deli in town with veggie stuff too!) at 11:30 for lunch and general fellowship. At 1:00 P.M. we will head just a hundred yards down the street to the Viking Flooring Warehouse. Club member Roy Nilsen has graciously donated his business space for the rest of the afternoons activities which will consist of a type1 and a type4 autopsy. The autopsy will be presided over by 30 year VW wrench turner, former Formula V racer, and current SCCA tech advisor, John Stainkamp. The dead motors were a package deal with Roy's free buses. It is our hope to figure out what killed the Type4 motor and eventually resurrect it - sort of a Frankenmotor. The type 1 will offer a comparative learning experience for us all.

I have received a tremendous amount of interest from folks in other areas of NC that are interested in forming a multi-chapter club. One of the largest responses was from the Triangle area. I hope that we can get that group organized for an ice-breaker meeting later this month.

Chris '72 bus '67 bus

For more information on the NC bus club please contact me at ncbus@mindspring.com.