Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (January 2001, week 1)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Fri, 5 Jan 2001 21:55:21 -0500
From:         Tarheel <puzerewski@EMAIL.MSN.COM>
Subject:      Re: Hatch mosquito net
Comments: To: ThingGuy@aol.com

I did not want to start a flame war here............

EV's are over priced, period. $3000 for a 7 yearr old van that I can't repair myself is overpriced. The ones that I looked at for that price were not in very good shape, and had engines that were on the way out. Especially since parts are NOT readily available.....just ask the folks on the EV list.

All the parts you mentioned are the most minimal that any FLAPS should carry. When you get into the more specific stuff, the EV has a lot of parts that DO NOT interchange with other models, and thus the scarcity of aftermarket parts.

I had looked at a few 95's, but those prices jump to the $7000 range quickly. For $7000 it was a high mileage vehicles.

I am glad that you are blessed with a good motor in your 93. I had read a few technical articles on the "piston slap" those motors have, and the problems were so bad that VW did not produce the EV in 94 until a solution was in hand. 2 listens shared their horror stories with 93's, and my local VW service manager told me to stay away from the 93's when I asked his opinion of the EV..........he has been with vw for 15 years. His quote was that the 93 EV's were POS, but they sure have kept the service dept busy over the years!!!!!!!!!!

You are fortunate you have a good one.........

Adam Puzerewski 81 westy 74 beetle 86 cabrio Vanagon Partsmobiles ----- Original Message ----- From: <ThingGuy@aol.com> To: <puzerewski@email.msn.com>; <vanagon@gerry.vanagon.com>; <vanagon@gerry.vanagon.com> Sent: Friday, January 05, 2001 12:41 PM Subject: Re: Re: Hatch mosquito net