Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (January 2001, week 1)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Sat, 6 Jan 2001 12:24:42 -0500
From:         Marc Perdue <marcperdue@ADELPHIA.NET>
Subject:      Re: Windshield washer motor not working

Hi all,

Just an update and a big THANK YOU to Karl Mullendore for the right answer to this problem, which is now SOLVED!! Took just removing 2 phillips head screws and about 3 minutes real light labor! Jeff Birk, go ahead and follow the steps Karl outlined below, it fixed my problem and may fix yours. I found it worked best to fold a small piece of 600 grit wet/dry sandpaper and work it back and forth between the contacts just a few times while pulling the wiper lever forward. Now if only I had known to do this while I was up in Rochester dealing with all that ice and snow and road salt . . . and before I went and bought a new washer pump! :( In the future I will be sure to check with the list FIRST . . . what a great resource you people are!!!!

Thanks again, Marc Perdue