Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (January 2001, week 1)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Tue, 2 Jan 2001 13:35:33 -0800
From:         "MOST,DAVID" <most@UCLA.EDU>
Subject:      Re: Request for Help - Overheating Problem
Comments: To: dianne gigler <dlg@ANDREW.CMU.EDU>

The sensor that controls the LED at the temperature gauge is housed in the main resevoir, not the overflow tank to which you added coolant. The main resevoir is the tank to the left as you're facing the engine while standing at the rear of the vanagon. It is likely that the level is low in this tank. You can add water to the main resevoir by taking off the little hose and uncscrewing the cap.

David