Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (January 2001, week 2)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Mon, 8 Jan 2001 14:08:57 -0800
From:         karl <kvochatzer@YAHOO.COM>
Subject:      FS 86 Westy GL - Austin, TX

1986 Westfalia GL full camper for sale.

It's been very reliable over the 3.5 years that I've owned it. I've taken it on several long trips with no problems. I'm the second owner, and the van has only ever lived in NC and TX. Currently in Austin, TX. Asking $4900.

Detailed pics available if interested.

-2.1 liter engine with 4 speed manual trans -tan/tan white poptop with chrome bumpers -177k (+ about 3k before I fixed the odometer) -replaced original steel wheels with stock VW alloy wheels -new tires 205/70 14inch -top end rebuilt at 165k while replacing the valves -engine is as strong as a stock wasserboxer gets -good trans, clutch, heads, exhaust, etc. -replaced original side mirrors with the stock black power mirrors, but did not install wiring to power them (at least the wind doesn't blow them around like the non-powered ones!) -Sony am/fm cassette and JBL speakers in back -all curtains, tables (front and back), screens and cushions present and in good shape -no missing camper or Vanagon pieces or parts -canvass is in great shape as is the poptop -all accessories work great (stove, fridge, sink, hook-ups), but the fill valve on the propane tank may need to be replaced (it leaked during attempt to fill over Thanksgiving) -black front Vanagon bra included -ALL original manuals -ALL records of repairs since new (even original owner!)

the issues: -probably have to replace the AC lines and likely the compressor if you want to use the AC (I haven't even looked into it since owning the camper) -idle takes a little time to lower down to normal at stops -a small crumple on the rear metal bumper (thanks neighbor!), but no collisions -rear heater fan switch only works on fan speed #3, but blows hot -just flushed the coolant and replaced with phosphate free coolant, but I'm seeing a little weeping around the lower coolant hose connection to the radiator. haven't investigated further, but still commuting with it while the Jetta is in the shop so it doesn't appear to be major. (If a new radiator is needed and I repair, I'll be asking $5400, otherwise as is for $4900 plus lots of extra parts if I don't sell them individually)

Please respond to personal email only. Will provide phone #, location, and pics for serious inquiries.

Karl Vochatzer kvochatzer@yahoo.com