Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (January 2001, week 2)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Thu, 11 Jan 2001 09:16:01 -0500
From:         Gary Stearns <gstearns@OPTONLINE.NET>
Subject:      New Microbus Website

VW's website for the new Microbus asks for feedback. Here's what I told them. Give them your opinion.

"I love the concept with the historical link to VW's of the past. VW clearly has the guts to go in new directions. Since the basic design is so cool, I would ask VW to make a microbus version that is more basic, more elemental...connected more directly to the roots of the original microbus. Drop the video screens and DVD etc. Allow this version to focus even more on soul, character, fun to drive etc. Lighter, better mileage, manual trans., maybe a more sporty exhaust sound from a wonderful V6.Let it make a sporty statement for those of us that need a van, but wouldn't be caught dead in a Dodge Caravan. I currently own an '88 Vanagon with lots of performance stuff added. It is a blast to drive. Make another one like this, and I along with lots of my enthusiast friends will be standing in line."

Gary

It's found at: http://www.vw.com/microbus/

[text/html]