Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (January 2001, week 2)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Tue, 9 Jan 2001 16:17:45 EST
From:         Robert Lilley <Wolfvan88@AOL.COM>
Subject:      AMC Bare Head Purchase: message from MARNAL...(Ron, Bob or others)

This is a response to my email:

FWD:

We will be glad to work with one of your shops as a coordinator as we do not sell to the public.   In our web site you have the discount price for 10+ heads.   <A HREF="http://www.marnal.com/">http://www.marnal.com/</A>     We look forward to hear from you or your coordinator.     Best Regards   Rey D'Angelo   PS- WE HAVE A SPECIAL INVENTAORY CLEARENCE ON THE VANAGON BRAKE DISC -  VW PART NUMBER#251 407 617A  -  GOOD QUALITY DISC -MADE IN BRASIL - COST FOR THE COORDINATOR - $16.00 EACH!!!!

> -----Original Message----- > From: Wolfvan88@aol.com [mailto:Wolfvan88@aol.com] > Sent: Monday, January 08, 2001 11:30 PM > To: marnal@marnal.com > Subject: Group Vangon head purchase direct. > > > I am on the Vanagon List (Over 800 Vanagon owners) There have been a number > of group purchases done in the past where 10 to 50 members will get > together > and make a purchase of a product. > > I was wondering if you could sell the AMC Vanagon heads, bare or complete, > to > the group if a certain number of heads were reached, say 10 pairs of head.   > If this were possible it would reduce some of the expensive of rebuilding > the > WBX engine.  There are several list venders the are shops that might serve > as > the coordinator if you cannot sell to an individual representative of a > larger group. > > I led a group to purchase 21 ECU computer chips upgrades from a company in > Australia.  There are other groups that led products being made > specifically > for the Vanagon. > > If you can be of any help in this matter, there are many Vanagon owners > that > would be appreciative. > > Robert Lilley

Getting the heads bare will allow you to get the higher performance stainless steel valve springs to increase flow and valve life.

YOU would not have to pay for the cost of hardware you would not use.

Boston Engine might also be interested in buying the bare heads and then adding his performance touch to them to increase the performance but at a savings to him and his customers. I do not know if Bob buys his heads bare or complete, then not use some of the hardware nor the source of his heads.

He could add the performance valves to the base heads for the cost of a standard new AMC head.

[text/html]