Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (January 2001, week 2)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Tue, 9 Jan 2001 21:46:30 -0500
From:         Robert Donalds <bostneng@FCL-US.NET>
Subject:      Re: AMC Bare Head Purchase: message from MARNAL...(Ron,

Robert and fellow vanagon types

my supplier tells me that he has had no luck when asking to purchase bare wbx heads from marnal. I throw the valves away that come with the new complete AMC heads and use a product that has stood the test of time and the rockwell hardness tester. its easy to forget shipping, handling checking and preping parts can be costly and time consuming and somebody either has to donate there time to get a good price for there fellow listees or they must pay a mark up.

the reason they won't sell to the pubic is that they sell hundreds of heads to the stores at a time and they dont like hearing the store complain that there customers can buy at the same price plus they can't handle single sales to the public takes to long to do with so little mark up they loose money its all about money I have tested the stainless performance valves on the flow bench and they don't flow as well as the stock valves do when I have given them the proper attention. there is no free lunch to be had out there and to much to risk when guessing as to the proper selection of parts to use. when somebody buys a set of heads from me they typically want to eliminate the guess work and just get it right the first time.

Bob Donalds all rights reserved.