Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (January 2001, week 2)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Fri, 12 Jan 2001 09:14:21 EST
From:         Robert Lilley <Wolfvan88@AOL.COM>
Subject:      IT IS MY name and IF you want it BUY IT FROM ME!!!! or Else....

When I bought my Vanagon about 3 years ago with the intent to rebuild the engine and increase the power. I chose to work within the stock configuration, so that my hard work can benefit the many other Vanagon owners that like their Vanagon, but wish it were a little faster or got a bit better mileage or was a bit more reliable. I worked long and hard to put together a configuration that was easy to follow and achieved ALL three points: It is faster, has better mileage and is more reliable. I have put a lot of time and effort in to make the WBX engine better than when from the "Factory." I have freely shared my ideas with others, in the hopes that they too can make their WBX and Vanagon WHAT VW should have made in the first place. I have wanted as many other Vanagon owners to share in the excitement of driving a faster and better

I am aware that that my name has been associated with the modifications that I have made, this has not been a problem until I read the messages from yesterday. (I was doing some work out of the office and was unable to read)

Now, It has come to my attention that someone has decided to copyright my name without my permission. I have contacted my lawyers in this matter and that have advised me to give notice that IF ANYONE, from this day forward, uses my name in ANY reference to ANY type of modification that was done in the past, present, or future, or in any other way makes mention, reference, illusion, symbolism, whether with direct intention or accident reference or can be inferred in any from or fashion make reference to the use, thought, or parts that were referenced, mentioned, talked about, posted about, thought about by the above person in the building of the aforementioned modifications to the original form of the engine that is present in the VW Vanagon (copyrighted by Volkswagen) (any reference to it is merely to identify the vehicle in which the engine that was modified by the owner of all ideas to modify the engine from it original format to fit into the stock location, to operate better than the original is the intellectual property of the owner of the idea that originated with the owner of the above ideas) which the name was posted for all to see that tried to illegally copyright or misused the above mentioned name without the direct written consent or verbal consent or implied consent from the direct owner of the name and the intellectual property of the above mentioned modifications to the original engine, named: Wasserboxer (another VW owner name that is used only to identify the engine in question, whose modifications to increase the power has now come into question as to the owner of the property rights of the modifications to the engine), Wasserleaker (a name that was given to describe the inherent problems with the engine in the original configuration, that the above mentioned person has remedied that now others are trying to profit from the modifications that were done to the above engine.), there are other names that have been given the engine that will not be limited to nor exclude then, but they are includes in the action of the direct implied will of the injunction that has been issued to the reader's of this implied legal message of messages will suffer from prosecution to the fullest extent of the law if any more mention, reference to, weather implied or direct.

If you must continue the use of my name, send me $5 per use of the name in any post and if you build a "Lilley" in any form or fashion, that is apply any modification that has been mentioned by, used by, or used in the making of the "Lilley" modifications to the WBX (see above) engine, pay a use fee of: Full Engine: $100 Half engine: $50 Any other bolt on modification: $25

It is Friday RIGHT?

Robert Lilley Originator of and driving the "Lilley"

[text/html]