Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (January 2001, week 2)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Sun, 14 Jan 2001 07:16:31 +1000
From:         Simon Glen <simonglen@BIGPOND.COM>
Subject:      Re: "Syncronize" a 2 wheeler. (Long) Was T3 syncro production
Comments: To: Larry Hamm <ldhamm@XMISSION.COM>

Dear Larry,

Thank you very much indeed. I am impressed. I once owned a 1982 air-cooled T3 Caravelle and dreamed about finding a wrecked Syncro and cannibalising it of its Syncro components. Eventually, I sold my 1982 air-cooled (with much regret) and bought a 1992 Wasserboxer Syncro. Then within days I came across an engine-less Syncro wreck for sale! (It is still for sale and, should anyone in Australia want it, contact me.)

I now plan on aquiring a good CV, CU or CJ series 2.0 litre Type 4 air-cooled motor to keep in storage for my Syncro for when the current MV series 2.1 litre Wasserboxer eventually gives up which seems a long way off now that I have rebuilt it.

Anyway, thank you. I shall keep your "Syncronise" E-mail for future reference.

Simon Glen, Toowoomba, Australia 1992 VW T3 Transporter Syncro van 1969 VW 411