Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (January 2001, week 2)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Sat, 13 Jan 2001 15:55:16 -0600
From:         Jason Stevenson <jstv4man@HOME.COM>
Subject:      Instrument cluster questions

To the list at large-

Please help! I have a 1984 Vanagon. The idiot lights in the center of the dash have a nasty habit of periodically not functioning (completely). After some careful looking over, and testing of various sensors, this looks like it is caused by that damn plastic circuit strip that leads from the back of the clock up to the middle section of the instrument cluster (where the idiot lights are located). It has a couple of spots in it that look kind of wrinkled. Is there any way to repair that strip? Failing that, does anyone on the list have a good one of these for sale, or a good complete instrument cluster at a reasonable price? I would also consider a later one with a tach, if it would work, and the conversion to accommodate it isn't too difficult. If any kind soul on the list can help me with this, I would be most appreciative. Thanks in advance.

-Jason Stevenson 1984 Vanagon 1998 Cabrio

[text/html]