Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (January 2001, week 2)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Sun, 14 Jan 2001 13:18:34 -0500
From:         David Beierl <dbeierl@ATTGLOBAL.NET>
Subject:      Re: Computer Survey
Comments: To: Fast Forward <sales@FASTFORWARD.CA>

At 11:46 PM 1/12/2001, Fast Forward wrote: >Hi Volks, >Just starting on a few new web sites - ILTIS.CA and TRANSPORTER.CA - and I >have a few questions for all of you out there. > >- What resolution is your display set to > 640x480 - 800x600 - 1024x768 - don't know?

1024x768 on one, 1280x1024 on the other. FYI, in 31 million web accesses last November, half were 800x600 and most of the rest higher. Half the browsers were IE4/5, one third Netscape, three per cent Macintosh, the rest I forget.

>- What browser do you use and what version is it?

Mostly Netscape 4.7x, IE5 if something won't work in Netscape.

>- What is the number one thing you like to see in a web page?

Information, fast loading, consistent design, nice to look at without being fancy, images where you can get a bigger image by clicking on the small one.

>- What do you really hate to see in a web page?

Slow loading, useless crap, weird cursors, background music, difficult navigation, slow loading, popup boxes, slow loading, cookies that aren't absolutely restricted to the sending site, backgrounds that make it hard to read the text (most of them...), slow loading, anything that blinks unless it really IS World War III, too many layers, frames that don't go away when you leave the site, big images, ESPECIALLY big images displayed small on the page, slow loading.

david

David Beierl - Providence, RI http://pws.prserv.net/synergy/Vanagon/ '84 Westy "Dutiful Passage" '85 GL "Poor Relation"