Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (January 2001, week 2)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Sun, 14 Jan 2001 19:20:53 -0800
From:         Jere & Beth Hawn <jbrschawn@EARTHLINK.NET>
Subject:      Re: Drivers Side Door Lock Modification
Comments: To: Michael Snow <mwsnow@HOME.COM>

I'm not sure about this whole lock thing, anyway. The areas I have lived in for the past 20 years has conditioned me to know that the safest place for the keys is in the ignition. They'll always be there when I want to go some where and if the kids were to accidentally lock the door to the house, which they did once, I would have the keys to get back in. Additionally, a vanagon is one of the easiest vehicles to get into.

I was further proven right when I recently called my insurance company to add my recently acquired 88 GL. I called and ask them to add the Van. She responded "does it have an anti theft device?" My reply: "It's a vanagon, but if I were to have one how much would it reduce my premium?" long silence and the sound of a keyboard clicking in the background............and she replied: "The computer says that it won't reduce your premium a single cent." Needless to say, a vanagon is a self protected species.

Jere 90 GL 88 GL