Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (January 2001, week 3)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Thu, 18 Jan 2001 12:16:38 -0800
From:         walter bahm <wbahm@YAHOO.COM>
Subject:      Re: Idle stablilizer system testing
Comments: To: johnpatt@warwick.net

John:

thank you for e-mailing the table. i assume the values would also apply to a 2-wheel drive, 2.1L '86 vanagon ?

in terms of procedure:

1. are you just using a VOM across the unit ground (if so, what pin ?), or vehicle chassis ground ?

2. Pins 4 and 11 you seem to be measuring current flow, is this correct ?

3. any precautions we should be alert to ?

Thank You Again for sharing you experience.

walter --- John <johnpatt@warwick.net> wrote: > walter bahm wrote: > > > > john: > > > > since the listserver is now automatically > stripping > > off attachments i wanted to ask you if you could > > forward me directly the attachment (ECU pin > values) > > you are referring to in you post. > > > > thanks, > > walter > > --- John <johnpatt@WARWICK.NET> wrote: > > > Hi Chris, > > > > > > From your discription it sounds like the idle > > > stabilization system is > > > reacting to a varying input or the control > module is > > > just faulty. If you > > > haven't already done so remove the R/R tail > light > > > and pull the idle > > > stabilization module from it's mounting and pull > it > > > out far enough to > > > check each pin value against the attached sheet > of > > > test values with a > > > voltmeter. Check the top of the module or the > > > multiplug for pin # I.D. > > > If any input value varys it can cause the module > to > > > cycle the stabilizer > > > valve and upset the idle speed causing your > symptom. > > > Also make certain > > > there are NO intake air leaks and that the O2 > sensor > > > is functional and > > > fuel pressure is OK. > > > > > > Regards, John > > > > __________________________________________________ > > Do You Yahoo!? > > Get email at your own domain with Yahoo! Mail. > > http://personal.mail.yahoo.com/ > > Hi Walter: > > The idle stabilizer system can be checked easily > when you know the > nominal test values. The attachment lists values > taken from two known > "healthy" '86 Syncros with normal 2.1L engines. If > you need a procedure > for using these values I can put one together but > I'll need some time. > > Regards, John >