Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (January 2001, week 3)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Sun, 21 Jan 2001 14:04:07 -0600
From:         Max/Joyce Wellhouse <maxjoyce@IPA.NET>
Subject:      2.1 engine FS

The original motor in my 90GL will be for sale within the next couple of weeks as my .6342 lilley engine will be getting installed....

Details:

158k on the bottom end, both heads suspect as to leaking. OP is barely within the 10#/1000rpm range. Engine has waterpump and new clutch and machined flywheel 10 k ago. Engine will be minus exhaust and rear pulley and ps pump. YOu can have the muffler and cat, but they are original equipment.

will likely sell the entire FI system in a month or so as well except forthe fuel pump.

It has a new AFM. Recall has been performed on the hoses and it runs just fine save for an 1100 rpm idle.

Could shoot some video of the engine running befor I pull it out for any interested party.

Core charge on this long block from Boston Bob is $600 so the bidding will start there. I still have the crate to ship it in also if you are too far away to drive and get it(motor in Central Arkansas). The motor runs fine but is acting a little tired with the compression running about 120 on all 4 cyl. I would consider parting it out, but it's easier to ship in one piece. This would be an excellent core to rebuild. will let go of it aroundthe middle of Feb. as the schedule looks right now. Phone number is 501-758-4716 if you need further info.

Dimwitted Moose and Flying Squirrel

[text/html]