Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (January 2001, week 4)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Thu, 25 Jan 2001 00:08:13 -0600
From:         Carl Hansen <carl_hansen@IEEE.ORG>
Subject:      Re: Fuba on Vanagon.  Yes, as a matter of
Comments: To: SyncroList - post <Syncro@ONElist.com>, planetp@EARTHLING.NET

fact, yes I did. Looks cool. I will go out and measure where I put it tomorro and let you know. You have to be careful where you put it because of the air conditioning equipment in the back.

You could check the archives also. It was at least 2 years ago that I posted the info before.

Ch

Carl Hansen 952.440.2899 carl_hansen@ieee.org '89 SyncroBeast Vanagon - Thank god for Brother-in-laws. SyncroBeeast together. '87 16V GTI '80 850 Yamaha Special '87 16V GTI w/ hale damage - parting out - body gone, parts remain '89 16V GTI w/ toasted motor '86 Scirocco (8 valve w/ auto) - SO's

Prior Lake, MinneSnowta

**** SNIP FROM ORIGINAL **** Date: Wed, 24 Jan 2001 15:56:46 -0500 From: Jeff Birk <planetp@EARTHLING.NET> Subject: Fuba on a Vanagon

Has anyone ever installed a Fuba on a Vanagon? Just kicking around the idea, I know it makes for fewer drive-thru's but it would be fine with me, my garage has the clearance. If you did this, where would you put it? Rearward to be correct with other VW's or near the front to set it apart? (not to mention less wire) Was this ever an option for later Vanagon's? Do you suppose European vanheads do this? How about a nice rubber plug to block and seal the hole?

Yeah I know, too much time on my hands....Dennis DeYoung..

Jeff Birk ''chillin'' in Southwest MO

'89 Wolfsburg GL '82 MB 240D '59 Commando Runabout - with tailfins