Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (January 2001, week 4)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Thu, 25 Jan 2001 15:43:03 EST
From:         Jeffrey R <Oxroad@AOL.COM>
Subject:      Re: don't push our trip meter while driving!
Comments: To: dubwisened@yahoo.com

LOL. Yeah. I think a better decal might be about 4 feet by 10 feet and placed on each side of the bus reading:

"CAUTION: DO NOT OPERATE.* Standing in close proximity or attempting to drive this vehicle could result in coolant leaks from the heads, heater cores or hoses, Failure of the AFM, Seizure of the electric blower fan, Failure of the transmission to the tune of $3,000+, Voltage drop to the headlights, Leaks from the fuel lines resulting in fire, Clogging of the catalitic converter, Failure of the Temp II Sensor, Failure of the window regulators, Failure of any relationship outside your relationship with this vehicle, Purchase or a longing to purchase upgraded parts from South Africia. Operation of this vehicle will definately result in a mysterious failure of the O2 sensor and force the driver to spend about 100 hours a week on an internet list.

* Parking lot attendants may refer to this vehicle as a mini-van."

(Having said that, I know the tip on the odometer trip button is a good one as naturally I screwed up mine a few years ago. I was able to re-align the gears of the odometer by taking out the speedo--In my case they had only streched a bit--not completely broken. So if a few people do drive the bus I think a sticker might be in order. Mine would say, "Before putting the transmission in Reverse hold clutch down for a count of 10" Go figure.)

Jeff 83.5 Westy LA, CA