Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (January 2001, week 4)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Fri, 26 Jan 2001 21:17:14 +1000
From:         Simon Glen <simonglen@BIGPOND.COM>
Subject:      Re: 1987 Vanagon GL Synchro for Sale
Comments: To: Luke Plaizier <lukeyson@OZEMAIL.COM.AU>

Luke,

Why dont you bring it back here. Converting it to right hand drive is no great problem. I know of a 1992 ex-Telstra T3 Syncro van which is currently being wrecked. All the front end is there including the dash panel - and in good condition, too. It is being wrecked not because of accident damage but because the owner couldn't afford to fix the motor - a stud broke and the motor imploded. To convert your Syncro Westfalia to RHD requires almost no cutting or welding. It is largely a bolt on job.

And, believe me, after you have returned you will regret not having brought it back with you. Westfalias are so beautiful compared to the Trakkas and Sundowners you get here which are crude cut-hole-in-the-roof jobs. Your Westfalia came off the production line with a hole built into the roof (VW Option M-073). And, the furniture and fittings are superb. It is vastly superior to anything available here. You could even make money on it, if you wanted to.

Simon Glen Toowoomba, Australia 1992 VW T3 Transporter Syncro van (ex-Telstra) 1969 VW 411