Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (January 2001, week 4)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Fri, 26 Jan 2001 11:06:47 -0500
From:         Tim Hannink <hanninkt@IX.NETCOM.COM>
Subject:      Re: Berg Short Shift Kit

There is a picture of the kit at the following address:

http://www.fastgermanauto.com/Products/shortshiftkit.htm

They claim that it shortens shift throws by 25%. That seems reasonable to me if you don't install the extension. The aluminum extension adds 5 1/2" to the shifter length. I like it because I don't have to reach down to the shifter and can shift without my armrest getting in the way. In neutral, the shift knob is at the same level as the top of the radio. The "H" pattern is 7.5" high and 4" wide as measured from the top of the knob. I wouldn't change it back if I had to. I got in my '75 Bus the other day and couldn't find the shifter without looking:>)

I have some pictures of the kit installed in my van but haven't scanned them yet.

Tim Hannink Winter Park, Florida 1987 Wolfsburg Edition Westfalia Camper - "Goldibox" http://hanninkt.home.netcom.com/