Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (January 2001, week 4)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Sun, 28 Jan 2001 15:59:29 -0600
From:         Darrell Boehler <midwesty@MIDWEST.NET>
Subject:      Re: AC question
Comments: To: John Langowski <langow@WI.NET>

Hi John, Missed you at bbta last year. Westy ac units changed in in 87. The 86 and newer vans and the 87 and newer westy probably have a better ac system than their predecessors imho. I have mounted the later unit in an 86 westy with success. I moved every thing but kept the 86 westy cabinet. The cabinet needed a couple of mods but worked out. I have switch most every thing I own to r134a, it works for me and is $65 for 30 lbs at Sams club. Your biggest problem will be what you are going to do for a rear ac cabinet. If your 84 has an ac cabinet you can reuse it with a few mods as I did on the 86 unit. A great option is one that Kia Fremgen from Orlando put in his 87 westy. He installed a standard van system with a removable center duct to the front overhead unit. When he pops the top he removes the duct and places it on his dash. Kia and Valeria are still on the South America tour, they are in a group of busses form the southeastern USA Not sure when they plan to return. Darrell ----- Original Message ----- From: John Langowski To: vanagon@GERRY.VANAGON.COM Sent: Sunday, January 28, 2001 10:15 AM Subject: AC question

Does anybody know if the AC system out of a '90 Westy like the one Chris is selling would fit my '84 Westy with a 1.9L ?

Thanks,

John 84 Westy West Bend, WI

[text/html]